Intro to Procreate
The ultimate beginner’s course for beautiful Procreate artwork.
Procreate For Beginners
Start creating beautiful iPad artwork today
Tools and Interface walk throughs
Learn about all the tools you’ll need to be familiar with first. The how’s and the why’s explained, so if you’d like to alter settings later on, you’ll do so with confidence.
Project based learning
After tool walk through sections, you’ll complete a project using those tools. This will help you learn the ins and outs of the program while creating beautiful artwork along the way.
Resolution, color modes + exporting
Get started on the right foot knowing how to choose a color mode, size and resolution for your document for the best possible outcome. When it’s complete, you’ll know exactly what to do to hand off your files or export them as needed for any use.
Original Procreate files, brushes and color palettes provided
Follow along exactly through every lesson using the brushes and colors you see on screen. Want to take apart files to understand them better? They’re all available to you in the bonus section of the course.
Made for Beginners
The entire course was made with beginners in mind. We take a slower pace and go through everything in detail. After lessons describing tools or methods, we follow them right afterwards with a project to hit everything home. Understanding how tools work is one thing; using them to create something you’re proud of is another very important one.
In the first project of the course, we create a layered text and doodle composition. We utilize selections, layers, brushes, typeable text, our color palette and layer groups. Though it looks complex, the simple application and repetition of these essential tools will play a huge role in the future Procreate artwork you create.
Understanding and utilizing clipping masks and layer masks are the primary goals in this second project! We make use of the skills and tools we’ve already learned while setting typeable text, practicing overlapping and underlapping flourishes with layer masks, and we add in hand drawn inline details and texture with a clipping mask and blend mode. We finish everything off by adding some details to the background, set against a vibrant backdrop.
In the third project of the course, we combine all of our previous skills with hand lettering! To add extra pop to our lettering, we create seamless color blends with multiple clipping masks and add depth using a layer mask and a soft airbrush.
In the final project of the course, we use the guide and symmetry options within Procreate to create a detailed wreath design! We set our own template, apply different symmetry settings to different layers, use different brushes, colors and textures while finishing it off with some hand lettering.
- 9 Modules
- 26 Videos
- 2.56 Hours
Procreate For Beginners
- Getting Started/What You'll Learn7:28
- Creating a New Document + Understanding Resolution6:02
- Using + Editing Brushes9:33
- Quick Shapes1:20
- Color Builds + Palettes4:41
- Preferences Overview4:33
- Guides + Rotational Symmetry5:21
- Layers + Blend Modes5:35
- Making, Moving + Editing Selections1:57
- Using + Editing Typeable Text6:44
- Inserting Textures + Images4:04
- Setting Text + Background Color6:08
- Adding Details + Organizing Layers7:22
- Final Details/Finishing the Project7:33
Masking in Procreate
- Clipping Masks5:29
- Layer Masks7:14
- Setting Text + Intertwining Flourishes5:40
- Masking + Final Details7:25
- Brush Settings to Look for8:10
- Preparing Lettering for Font Making8:09
- Creating + Applying Multiple Colors to Lettering4:39
- Adding Depth + Texture7:13
Final Project: BEAUTY
- Preparing Your Template + Editing Guides6:44
- Completing Wreath + Adding Lettering8:30
Exporting Options + Final Steps
- How to Export Your Design3:55
- Thank You + Next Steps3:22
Custom Procreate Monoweight and Flat Marker Brushes
The main brushes used in this course are my custom monoweight and flat marker brushes. Download them for free to follow along exactly!
Silver Jeweled Texture
Practice your own textured clipping masks by using this free silver jeweled texture! You can see this exact texture used in the Shade class project!
Ink Texture Transparent PNG
Learn the difference between importing a jpg and importing a transparent png with this ink texture! Perfect for clipping masks and backgrounds.
3 Lettering Guide Sheets
In the course, we discuss customizing brushes to work well for hand lettering. As a bonus, I’ve included a tutorial about preparing your Procreate lettering for font making, too. This set of guide sheets will be your best friend if you’d like to convert your Procreate lettering into a working, sellable font in the future!
All Project Color Swatches
Use the exact colors for each project in the class with these swatch downloads. 4 different color palettes you can use for any project in the future, too!
Procreate Project Files
Access every Procreate project file in the class (the exact files made in the videos) to help if you get stuck along the way.
Procreate for Beginners
New to Procreate? Begin building a solid foundation with non-destructive editing methods, an efficient workflow and prep your files beforehand for production-ready outcomes. In this beginner-friendly course, we follow simple tools tutorials and follow them up with full project tutorials using those tools. You’ll build workflow memory and confidence with your new skills as you use them in real scenarios after seeing how they behave. Utilize the free assets from the class to take your projects even further, both in the class and in the future. At the end of the course, you’ll have a firm knowledge of the program, its tools, how to create future artwork with ideas where to go next with your new skills.
- Access to 26 HD step-by-step videos
- Lifetime access to the class
- Silver jeweled jpg texture
- Transparent PNG ink texture
- Every-Tuesday Monoweight Procreate Brush
- Every-Tuesday Custom Flat Marker Procreate Brush
- Every project’s color palette as a downloadable swatch
- Every project’s fully layered, original Procreate file
- Every-Tuesday Lettering Guides
- 4 full Procreate project tutorials
Is this really a free course? What’s the catch?
How long can I access the course for?
Is this a live or pre-recorded course?
Will I be able to access all the videos and bonuses at once?
What will I need to take this class?
Do I need any special Procreate brushes to create these projects?
Welcome to Procreate for Beginners, the ultimate beginner's guide for creating beautiful Procreate artwork.
- Instant access to all videos and bonuses
- All original Procreate project files
- Downloadable color swatches for each project
- 2 free Procreate brushes + textures
- Every-Tuesday lettering guides